Nearshore Nexus – the premiere conference for the exploding world of Latin America and Caribbean IT innovation and accelerating business process services – is returning to the New York City area on April 24 and we’re extending a special offer for IT, procurement and sourcing decision-makers to join us!
Nexus is calling on outsourcing ‘buyers’ (corporate or small business executives in IT, finance, procurement, or sourcing) to participate in this very special, very exclusive conference. We are offering a 25% ‘early bird’ discount for buyer executives. Go here to request an access code invitation to Nexus, and we’ll process your request. (Buyer executives can come from any nation in the Americas, or from any other part of the world, for that matter.)
Going on its third year of operation, Nexus is specifically designed to harvest the best ideas and brightest opportunities in Americas-centric services and innovation. The full program is available at http://www.nearshorenexus.com. Top themes this year include:
- The Decline of U.S. Competitiveness: Award-winning New York Times columnist Joe Nocera will keynote Nexus with an eye-opening critique of the state of U.S. competitiveness, the severe impacts of ‘short-term’ political jockeying in Washington, immigration reform and his take-aways on the rising influence of Latin America economies.
- Sourcing Domestic or Sourcing Foreign?: Lots of sourcing decision-makers are taking a second look at the United States as an economically attractive destination for outsourcing. One of our panels tackles the topic head-on, debating which regions – onshore, nearshore or offshore – should be the centerpiece of current and future sourcing initiatives.
- Bank Industry Outsourcing: Global bank and financial institutions know all about upheaval. New types of IT security risks, international compliance requirements, thriving growth in emerging markets and a full range of innovative software requirements are triggering a new wave of thinking about how to better capture value in outsourcing deals.
- Other highlights include sessions on innovation and human capital in Latin America, ground-level insights on the spectacular emergence of Mexico and Brazil on the Americas’ BPO and IT leadership arena, social impact in software services, as well as multiple networking sessions, live music and more. The full agenda is here
- Our roster of dynamite speakers includes: Fernando Fabre, President of Endeavor Global, Greg Lipper, Vice President of Global Business Services at Staples, Linda Tuck Chapman, Chief Procurement Officer at Bank of Montreal, David Rutchik, partner at Pace Harmon, Rodrigo Slelatt, Principal at A.T. Kearney, Ankur Prakash, vice president and COO of TCS Latin America.. and many more!
As has been the hallmark of Nexus since the start, attendance is controlled in two ways. Vendors, service providers and trade/investment promotion agencies can only attend Nexus if they obtain a sponsorship. Buyer executives can apply for an invitation here . Finally, outsourcing advisors and consultants are invited to attend as guests through paid registration here.
Check out this video for more insights on the purpose and objective of Nexus:
Why are we organizing Nexus anyway?
Businesses in the U.S. are rapidly recognizing the value of software development, Q/A and infrastructure services provided from teams in South America, Central America and Mexico. In addition, customer care, back office support, human resource, finance and accounting and social media services are all thriving because of a tidal shift toward the market’s inherent ‘same time-zone’ and ‘same culture’ advantages.
Nearshore Nexus is designed – fundamentally – to be a tool to help U.S. businesses become more competitive through gaining awareness and understanding of “Americas-centric’ professional services sourcing. What does it cost to work with IT and BPO partners in Latin America? How well prepared are professionals in the market, and what level of English-speaking capability is available in specific countries? And, how does LATAM compare to India, China or Eastern Europe?
These are just a few of the hundreds of questions that will be addressed during our day-long, comprehensive content program. Join us on April 24 and get connected to Latin America!
- COSTA RICA
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- EL SALVADOR
- Global Outsourcing
- IT Services
- Nearshore Outsourcing
- News & Analysis
- Services and Outsourcing Events
- Global Services Conference
- Joe Nocera
- Nearshore Nexus
- outsourcing conference