Market Briefing: IT Wages in South America
The Nearshore Americas wage study provides detailed information on wages for front-end developers, back-end developers, UX/UI designers, system administrators and project managers in five markets: Lima, Buenos Aires, Bogota, Rio de Janeiro, and Sao Paulo. The report examines wages for junior, mid, and senior-level professionals, and places wage data within the context of labor demand in the software development market. Additionally, the report calculates overall expenses involved in hiring and retaining IT talent in the analyzed markets, and forecasts wage growth through 2016.
- In Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo front-end developers earn on average $25,500 and $25,800, respectively, while wages for front-end developers in Lima, Bogota and Rio de Janeiro, varies substantially.
- Wages for select IT professions are higher in Bogota than in other markets, but Bogota remains an attractive market for employers in part because of lower added costs.
- Filling vacancies for developers and UX/UI designers is a challenge across several markets, especially in Buenos Aires. Vacancies for system administrator and project manager positions typically go unfilled for 10 weeks or longer.
- Additional costs, in the form of bonuses and regulations, drive up the total cost of employing IT professionals by 44-85%. Added costs are highest in Brazil.
- Workforce Background …. 3
- Wage Overview…. 4
- Total Cost of Employment….5-6
- Front-end and Back-end Developers ….7-10
- UX/UI Designer ….11-12
- System Administrator….13
- Project Manager…. 14
- Recruiting Talent …. 15-16
- 2016 Forecast: IT Wages…. 17
- Conclusions …. 18-19
Nearshore Americas is a registered trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office, 2009-2016